Monday 14 July 2008

Praised for his Co-operation

I wasn't going to do "piss-boilers", but I've changed my mind, thanks to this lovely fellow:

Lee Bonney, who was caught after leaving his mobile phone at the scene of a crime, appeared at Plymouth Crown Court yesterday.

The 29-year-old pleaded guilty to 155 offences, after confessing to a series of car break-ins that saw vehicle crime figures in the city soar.

But Bonney was praised in court for his co-operation with police and avoided a jail term.

Instead he was given a series of strict community, drug and supervision orders.


You what? You co-operated with the police after being caught bang to rights and this gets you out of jail? Are they fucking mad? And of course, he's going to slavishly adhere to his "orders", isn't he?

He also admitted breaching a conditional discharge imposed by the court last September.


Jesus. One bloke hits 150 cars, not posh cars, not the cars of the wealthy, but the cars of the "common man". But because this drug-addled amoral fuckwit co-operated after being caught red-handed, he gets a slap on the wrist and 150 car-owners get the implicit message that crimes against them aren't worth punishing.

I also have to wonder what form the co-operation took? Maybe something like: "Take the rap for all these unsolved car crimes, Bonney, and we'll have a word with the judge." Well, a cynic might think that, but I never would.

Judge Francis Gilbert QC praised the 29-year-old for being “extremely co-operative” with police and said that owning up to the crimes was taken into consideration in his verdict.


Hey, Francis, I promise that if I strangle you with my bare hands, I'll be extremely co-operative with the police. Can you arrange with your fellow judges that I also get community and supervision orders? I don't do drugs, but cunts like you are making them look increasingly attractive.

No comments: