Monday 20 October 2008

It's the little things

My employer (piss be unto them) decided to migrate us off Microsoft Exchange onto Lotus Notes.

I don't think there is any way that I can express how much I hate Lotus Notes, but today I found out that it was possible to hate it a little bit more.

Notes has a mystical wee file called an ID file, and without that file, you can't use Notes. Even via the web interface. Just exactly how much fucking use is that then??? Especially when your disk drive dies and they can't recover anything from it.

CUNTS!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crikey is notes still going!

Here in the future, email is dead and we’ve gone back to writing things down or printing them out, like bank statements, for very good reasons.

Anonymous said...

I was going to empathise, or at least try to, but I can't stop chuckling...

I genuinely feel sorry for your admin though, stuck with that pile of electronic poo.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you re: Notes, but my current organization has a web interface which does not need an ID file.

Unfortunately, in order to save server space, they have limited our mailbox sizes to 100 Mb, and we must do offline archiving onto our hard drives.

AntiCitizenOne said...

I outsourced email to google. It took almost a whole hour to do.

We keep all the same email addresses* and get 25Gb per mailbox for 25 GBP/year.

*Simple DNS change needed.

Simon Fawthrop said...

Wow, I know IT geeks hate Microsoft but I didn't know there were still some around who hated MS that much they'd move to notes.

I used Notes for a few years at the turn of the century and would resign rather than use it again.

I'm with ACO on this one. I'm trying to persuade our IT guys we should look to Gogle for everything.