Sunday 9 November 2008

True Horror

As was our wont, the squeeze and I sat down to watch a couple of DVDs last night, including the new Stephen King movie, "The Mist". It's an almost textbook example of something Stephen King once said: "But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud." This movie had more than enough of all three.

I don't really want to dwell on it, but the ending was an amazing piece of work that shows you don't need monsters, scary music or a long build-up for genuine, stomach-turning horror.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the short story, and missed it on general release for some reason!

Thanks for reminding me it was out - off to Play.com!

Obnoxio The Clown said...

I must warn you, you're not going to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

These films are best watched from behind the sofa.