If elected, within 24 hours I will draw up a contract with my constituents to ensure that they all get the best service possible from their MEP. I will ensure that any problems are dealt with as much speed and vigour I can muster to ensure the effectiveness of my office. Constituents problems or queries will be dealt with as effectively as possible.
Articles in the contract will include:
* I will remain fiercely independent.
* I will acknowledge all letters from constituents within 24 hours between Monday and Friday.
* I will acknowledge all emails from constituents within 24 hours between Monday and Friday but hopefully sooner.
* I will regular advice sessions around the country and if possible, will arrage home visits for the elderly, disabled and carers.
* I will keep my website updated every day.
* My calendar will be published on my website and kept up to date daily Monday to Friday
* I will not claim one penny in expenses that is not absolutely required for me to carry out my job as an MEP. I will publish my expenses monthly or possibly weekly on my website.
* I will not use any taxpayer funded equipment or office for any other reason that to carry out my duties of MEP.
* I will be a whistleblower for any other MEP who I feel is ripping the taxpayer off. In this, I will not be anonymous and I will use the press.
* I will work with any organisation in Scotland, the UK or Europe if it will help the people of Scotland.
a) He will never get elected.
b) If he does, it won't last.
Good idea, though!