Friday 23 April 2010

The sucker punch

Anna Raccoon is such a tease, writing about the Hornsey and Wood Green constituency candidate:

Some candidates bring both an unusual career and an intriguing and unexpected personal life story to the electoral ‘table’. They are self evidently those candidates who have entered politics later in life, rather than fresh from an MA in Political Science.


Needless to say, fools rushed in where clowns feared to tread:

Henry North London, who is in fact an independent candidate running in Hornsey Wood Green named Rohan Kapur, is someone with whom you fell out with quite badly a year or so back.

It is this person you will be focusing on, right? I think it only fair of you to level with readers. If in fact you do intend to critique this particular candidate, then you should explain and disclose whatever it is that caused you to fall out with him and any other details that may colour your opinion.

Otherwise there could be the potential for, well, I don’t know. Unfair bias I guess.


And:

I do think it fair that you be open about exactly WHY you are choosing this one constituency and candidates to focus on.


Cue egg on face. Parliament was dissolved on April 6, so Anna had her scoop before then. Henry North only confirmed that he was standing on April 16.

The only thing I can say that might ease the shame is that she suckered me too. I was just lucky enough not to say something. So I got away with i...

Oops.

(It's been a good 24 hours for bloggers winding up commentards, hasn't it?)

13 comments:

RantinRab said...

That Kappa track suit is still for sale.

Three cans of stella. Ant takers?

RantinRab said...

*Any. (Mongtard that I am).

Vladimir said...

Well, colour me surprised. I'd have guessed it would be Henry North London too.

Is he really "Ron Broxted"? I think we should be told. Broxted's comments are always a highlight of OH's blog. Very funny.

John Demetriou said...

Ah, damn. Oh well, I can take it.

Anyway, who's up for buying for candy floss and popcorn and returning to the fray?

Haven't had this much webs-fun for yonks.

:-)

John Demetriou said...

* MORE not 'for'.

Sorry, reading too many mongtard comments has fucked my English.

Sorry, Fukd my Inglish, innit doe.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is John Demetriou fast becoming a libertarian version of Tim Ireland?

Within weeks, he'll be calling Iain Dale around 40 times per hour whilst endlessly talking on his blog about how much of a liar Paul Staines/Tory Bear/whatever is. Mark my words.

John Demetriou said...

Who's Tim Ireland?

Iain Dale has banned me from his blog and Twitter because I insulted the shit out of him. I don't care for those high profile bloggers much.

I have no idea what you are talking about to be honest.

The Grim Reaper said...

Tim Ireland's the man who runs Bloggerheads.com, and a complete bellend to boot. He's known for his vendettas against several right-wing bloggers, forever ranting on about "sock-puppeting" and being fair to everyone.

You decide.

John Demetriou said...

Oh, him, yeah I know who you mean now.

I'm not that obsessive am I? Jesus. I might stop with my comments on that now, can't be having that sort of rep!

Obnoxio The Clown said...

Probably a couple of blog posts you might want to get rid of while you're doing that... ;o)

JuliaM said...

"Who's Tim Ireland?"

*gasp*

That's like saying 'Candyman' three times into a mirror!

*looks nervously over her shoulder*

Tim Ireland's Gimp said...

Did anyone mention me?

Ian R Thorpe said...

Well I saw the thread on the Rochdale murder and all I can say after reading comment thread contributions from the dead guy's friends and family is its a pity the bloke who killed him only had a knife and not an AK47.

Here's to winding them up.