Wednesday 16 June 2010

Obviously ...

... it's not just me that thinks the bastard offspring of .NET might be worth giving a wide berth:

Maverick Meerkat will drop the Mono-based F-Spot image organiser in favour of Shotwell, reducing the number of Mono-based apps in a default Ubuntu install to just one.

Change is afoot. Ubuntu developers have already said that Chromium will be the default browser in the Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR) 10.10 release and now news is in that Shotwell will be the default image organiser in Maverick Meerkat.


Good. I am of the opinion that Mono is even worse than .NET and I'm clearly not alone.

Fuck Microsoft and fuck this horrendous cancer on the face of open source programming.

Update: Obviously, my view isn't the only one.

3 comments:

Willy said...

I don't know anything about Mono, but i've been happy with F-Spot.

On the other hand, if it's an anti-Microsoft thing, I'm with you.

I'll never forgive the bastards for leaving me high and dry with a useless windows 98 and expecting me to go out and buy a new os.

Long live Ubuntu, but somebody please develop an accounting programme a techno-peasant such as myself can use.

Anonymous said...

I have not got the foggiest idea of what you are talking about.
Thank fuck.

Vladimir said...

I don't know... the fears about Mono seem to be mostly FUD, which is ironic considering that the fearmongerers are the same ones who decry FUD when it comes from Microsoft. I find the "community" around Ubuntu etc. intensely annoying now: the technology is really suffering - stagnating, really - because of fanboyism and the retarded politics of free software.

http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2009/06/to-all-you-mono-haters.html