Sunday 18 November 2012

Times Have Changed

It's been a while since I bought any music, mostly because I got into house music, which changes so fast that it's almost pointless buying anything and because I get all the house music I like from podcasts.

However, my twitter mate the Pillsbury Doughboy, who, I must stress, still owes me fucking lunch, took the ballsy step of releasing an album called Times Have Changed and eventually I succumbed to him nagging like a fucking bitch and bought it.

Much to my surprise, it turned out to be pretty good.

A mix of grimy blues, bitter-sweet "singer-songwriter" and some haunting ballads work together really well. It has stood up to repeated listening and I actually liked all the songs.

My favourite tracks are probably "Dirty Blues" and "Kingdom of Dust", but even the ones I wasn't entirely sure of at first, like "If I Don't See You Tonight" have grown on me.

So, head over to Amazon or iTunes and hand over the readies. Maybe if he becomes minted from this, the fat fucker will finally buy me the lunch he owes me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay clear of Milwaulkee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YJof8GkUKck