Thursday 30 October 2008

I don't know what to make of this, either

The great purveyor of hope seems to be a bit short on delivering hope to his own kin. First, there was his half-brother living in real poverty, not fucking New Labour "children in poverty" shit, but utter, abject $300 a year poverty. You could pretend that because it was half a world away, it didn't reflect too badly on him, but now there's this:

Zeituni Onyango, the aunt so affectionately described in Mr Obama’s best-selling memoir Dreams from My Father, lives in a disabled-access flat on a rundown public housing estate in South Boston.

A second relative believed to be the long-lost “Uncle Omar” described in the book was beaten by armed robbers with a “sawed-off rifle” while working in a corner shop in the Dorchester area of the city. He was later evicted from his one-bedroom flat for failing to pay $2,324.20 (£1,488) arrears, according to the Boston Housing Court.


I can't help but feel that a man who wants to uplift the downtrodden with your money should be setting a better example with his own fucking kith and kin, using his own fucking money.

I'm telling you, folks, this is another Tony Blair we've got here. A thieving bastard hypocrite of the very highest order.

4 comments:

John Pickworth said...

"I'm telling you, folks, this is another Tony Blair we've got here. A thieving bastard hypocrite of the very highest order.

Something I've been saying myself for months... Sadly, it seems everyone (including those on the right) are buying it. Obama, for me, demonstrated his true colours the moment he backtracked on accepting capped Federal Campaign Funding.

Anonymous said...

Yep I've been saying that for a while as well. The Mrs has been sucked into the Obama propaganda but I'm extremely dubious about him, so much about him reminds me of Blair.

Oh well, I'd pray to god I'm wrong, if I believed in god. Oh well, fingers crossed!

Z.

Anonymous said...

"Sadly, it seems everyone (including those on the right) are buying it. "

Not me! No way, no how.

Of course, I'm not American and don't get to vote against him, so precious little good it does me...

Dr Evil said...

He's one of the rich elite too. I expect just like the rest he's in hock to big business. He's all spin. I reckon Joe the plumber saw through him. Joe is now going to be punished.