Monday 29 December 2008

More smiting

Everybody is banging on about the Gaza fucking around, so I might as well add my tuppence worth. Broadly speaking, I'm on the side of Israel, largely because I grew up with a lot of Jewish friends, which is probably not sufficient reason at all, really, but from reading some of the comments over at Mrs Dale and Old Felcher I don't think it's any less reasonable than some of the utter crap that I'm reading there.

There have been times when I have absolutely disagreed with Israel's response to provocation or the fact that they appear to have provoked violence. But in this case, I am comfortable in my own mind they're perfectly entitled to go in there and kick the fuck out of Hamas, who really don't appear to be doing anything useful in making Palestine into a viable state. Lobbing amateur rockets at a heavily-armed neighbour is suicidal, and the Israelis were never going to put up with it. Even though the Palestinians voted them in, Hamas can hardly be accused of putting the cause of Palestine first. Frankly, I'd hope that the Israelis wipe out Hamas completely and a more useful Palestinian authority gets elected and they start rebuilding the Gaza strip.

Although I suspect I'll still be blogging about this shit in 2035.

If Andy "Hoon" Burnham doesn't get his fucking way.

The cunt.

6 comments:

DavidNcl said...

Since the Jews are going to be the excoriated yet again for fighting back they should actually take the gloves off.

Destroy from the air every bit of infrastructure down to road junctions and minor buildings.

Cut the power, water, medical aid, food supplies and every other bit of aid.

Open a corridor for refuges to leave, perhaps. Or perhaps not - for I recall the dancing in the streets at 9/11 and my heart grows cold.

Anonymous said...

"Although I suspect I'll still be blogging about this shit in 2035."

Sadly, I suspect you're right, though I'd frankly like to see DavidNcl's solution tried. Enough is enough.

I've no sympathy for the Palestinian population - they knew what they were getting when they voted Hamas in. Time to reap the whirlwind, folks....

JPT said...

Well at least we can get some unbiased reporting on all of this from the good old BBC.

Lord Elvis of Paisley said...

Amen to that Brother Obo. I know this is simplifying he argument down to it's most base level but just imagine living next to the Dingles who have decided to start throwing fireworks into your back garden while your children are playing? What are you going to do?

banned said...

Just why is Egypts main worry the breaches in the very heavy wall that it maintains on its' border with Gaza ?
That there are still Levantine refugees cooped up in that miserable scrap of desert 60 years after the Arabs first failed to destroy Israel is the fault of the Arabs and of Egypt in particular.

The Whited Sepulchre said...

Oh Great Obnoxious One,

All that needs to be known about the Israel/Palestinian situation may be found here, at the anti-idiotarian rottweiler site.

http://www.nicedoggie.net/2007/?page_id=3