Saturday 10 January 2009

Sharpen your claws

Via Mrs Dale, Dolly Draper's all-conquering Labour blog has been launched!

I don't know about you, but I can't wait to cross swords with intellectual giants like David Lammy, Piers Organ and Dolly herself.

It's clearly off to a cracking start, with this risible cuntwaftery:

On the one hand, you have a Labour government that believes in smart, targeted state action to ensure a speedy, fairer recovery. A government that is, unashamedly, on the side of ordinary families and is willing to do whatever it takes to support them.


Smart? You're taking the piss, Dolly. The government is pissing money at any cunt from a marginal constituency who asks for it.

The government has been taxing the living fuck out of ordinary families for a decade and wasted their money on useless bureaucrats.

And on the other hand, you have a Conservative party undergoing a crisis of ideology believing, underneath David Cameron’s warm words, in an old-fashioned ‘you’re on your own’ dogma, and that the best way to solve Britain’s problems is to do virtually nothing and let the markets take their toll.


Call Me Dave isn't going to spend any less or make any more intelligent decisions like getting the government out of the way, Dolly. The reason you fear Cameron is because he's more likeable than the monocular Scottish snot-gobbler and you can't fit a Rizla between their policies and your own -- which is how you get to keep stealing them without anyone noticing.

Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.

Update: I tried to join so that I could post a comment on this fatuity and got a blank page when I clicked "Join". Either it doesn't work with Firefox, or it doesn't work at all.

Off to a belting start there, Dolly.

Update 2: Guido has background on the operating model and priority of the blog. It's going to be a complete waste of time.

Update 3: That nice Dolly Draper has asked me to tell you that it's all working now.

Update 4: That nice Dolly Draper has asked me to tell you that they do, in fact, allow critical comments on their blog. And they do. I don't know for how long, but I will give them their due, they do currently allow it. They will also be publishing material critical of the government. Allegedly. (I don't know why Dolly's stooping to my level to big up his blog, he must be drunk and confusing me with Guido. :o)

But I will say this: it is a good start and I do actually wish them well with the blog. If nothing else, it should give me a lot of ammunition before Mandelsnake kills it.

13 comments:

Fidothedog said...

Fuck me that have that mental giant Luke Akehurst, oh we are so fucked.

Breath in and smell the Pravda statements from No.10

JuliaM said...

"I tried to join so that I could post a comment on this fatuity and got a blank page when I clicked "Join"."

From the finest minds of the government-fed IT consultant pool, a website that doesn't work...

Obnoxio The Clown said...

A glossy facade masking complete incompetence: what a perfect metaphor for Labour.

JuliaM said...

And wouldn't you think they'd ensure they had some content on 'go live' day?

So that left-hand list of mental powerhouses doesn't say 'not published yet' all the way down?

Pathetic!

Guthrum said...

Can't wait !

Hacked Off said...

I got as far as getting a profile, but there's nothing on t econtacts page, 404 errors all over the shop, and no way to leave a comment or anything to comment on.

Classic!

By the way, the Ginger Minger has been sacked. No, not Hazel.

The Penguin

Dick Puddlecote said...

Good God. How very sad. It's like the wimpy brat crying, "Mummy, mummy, I want one like the other kids. Please Mummy!"

Anonymous said...

Jeez - typical labour - got to register before commenting - f** that - this will go the way of all blogs with that policy - down the shithole

they're such control freaks aren't they

Derek Draper said...

obnox - when i said "we have now" it wasn't a reference to joining but to the fact that your quote about blair is now ON our site by virtue of your post - so why don't you acknowledge that? haven't you noticed that the comments line up with the thread the person's commenting on? pretty neat i'd say - and better than guido, dale, conhome and you eh? also, our second post apparently critices a government policy, so when that happens you can post about how open and independent we are can't you?

Obnoxio The Clown said...

Derek, WTF? If you want someone to say nice things about a bunch of apologists for totalitarian fascist thieves, you'll have to go elsewhere. :o)

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's about how neatly the comments line up, but if you're impressed with the achievement, then I'm obviously glad for you.

I am impressed that you're currently allowing critical comments, I just wonder how long it will last. My guess is "until Mandelsnake or the Gorgon reads it".

In the spirit of detente, I will take this opportunity to wish you good luck with your blog and I hope that there might actually be some coherent, cogent and thought-provoking material to be found there.

But I think you're going to have to find some decent bloggers first. ;o)

Hacked Off said...

Currently won't load.

The Penguin

Obnoxio The Clown said...

Currently won't load.

Never mind, when it does, you'll be blown away by how nicely the comments line up! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dolly's indentation is ok until it seeps off stage right the screen onto the table and floor!!