Thursday 5 March 2009

Jacqboot needs a new nickname

Can I suggest "Five Fuckups"?

Is there anything but rubbish left now blowing around Whitehall? Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, announced yesterday a national advertising campaign to raise public awareness of the “policing pledge”, a list of things that we are entitled to expect from the police, such as visible policing and response times, and how to complain if they are not provided them. It's a silly charade of accountability. The advert promises that if you text your postcode and the word PLEDGE to 66101, you will be sent the phone number of your local neighbourhood policing team.

You know a number of things immediately, don't you? The first is that the policing pledge will not make a scrap of difference to how quickly the police answer, or fail to answer, your call. The second is that that the text service will not work. To save you checking, I tried it, and was sent a text message in response telling me that I had a voicemail message that turned out not to exist.


Fucking shower of shit: all of you, just fucking fuck off, you useless, incompetent, fuck-faced wastrels!

2 comments:

Barnsley Bill said...

"Fucking shower of shit: all of you, just fucking fuck off, you useless, incompetent, fuck-faced wastrels! "

I am going to print that onto a little card and carry it with me everywhere. I find myself so enraged most of the time that I struggle to clearly communicate the depth of my feelings. The "OBO cue card" will be very handy.

Anonymous said...

The time has come to just ignore these fucking idiots. ABSOLUTE PRICKS. My 4 year old has more sense. TWATS.