Thursday 21 August 2008

The Great British Weekend

Well, I have to say, hats off to the government today. On a day when I've been bludgeoned with so much state-sanctioned stupidity, when I really didn't want to even think about anything politically-oriented for at least another 24 hours, The Graundia and Liam Byrne have stepped in to make me see sense:

The August bank holiday could be turned into a "Great British weekend" that would allow people permission to celebrate everything they like about the country, and help frame the "progressive case for controlled immigration".


You what?

I'm sorry, that didn't make any sense at all, let me read it again:

The August bank holiday could be turned into a "Great British weekend" that would allow people permission to celebrate everything they like about the country, and help frame the "progressive case for controlled immigration".


You know, I'm sure my eyes must be deceiving me. I could swear that that intent of the above paragraph was to tell me that I was being given permission to celebrate everything I like about the country. How can that be? Do I really need the permission of some fuckwitted spunkbubble called Liam Byrne to celebrate what I like about this country? Tell you what, Liam, the thing I really like about this country is the way there are Immigration ministers swinging from the fucking lamp-posts in Westminster. So I have your permission to celebrate that, do I?

Odious cunt.

And what's with this fucking "progressive case for controlled immigration"? That sounds suspiciously to me like "left-wing dullards who don't have border control are looking for a way of spinning it as a good thing". Please tell me I'm wrong.

In a speech today Liam Byrne, the immigration minister, will set out the proposals drawing on Home Office research which shows public support for a Britishness day running at two to one.


Who did the fucking Home Office interview? A bunch of goat-felching "progressives" in the Immigration department, perchance?

Liam, a word to the wise mate: stop now and slink off into the dark quietly, and maybe, just maybe, you won't end up like this:


Although I wouldn't count on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was that 'permission' line that set alarm bells ringing for me. And 'celebrate' which usually translates in Government-speak to 'you're not going to like it but you'll damn well act like you do, or else'.

Perhaps everyone in the country should phone Liam Byrne every morning to be sure we have his permission to go to work? Every time we go outside? Every time we need a dump? After all, we don't want to be doing things without permission, now do we?

Mac the Knife said...

'A bunch of goat-felching "progressives" in the Immigration department'

There are at least two of us blogging these days, and we hate the cunts 5,000 times more than you do Noxers.

We want to hunt and eject scrotes, but they won't let us.

We want to make life into screaming shit for all anti-British wrong 'uns, but they won't let us.

We want to hang the Smith/Clark/Byrne Komissar-Wanker Axis from the nearest lamp-post, but... Ah fuck it. You know the rest.

FTR We don't felch goats either...

AntiCitizenOne said...

"All creatures will make merry... under pain of death." -Ming the Merciless