Friday 8 August 2008

Tabloid journalism kicks in...

This looks like a perfectly presentable, decent chap. Sounds fairly sensible.

I've dozens of knives at home and not one has killed anybody because I've never put them to that purpose. I have a huge meat cleaver and two massive machetes, bought as much because I found them cool as their practical use. I've never used them against anyone nor have I any intention to (excepting perhaps any burglar stupid enough to catch me at home). Are my actions "disgusting"? What about in my more foolish moments when I wave them around and make swishing noises? Stupid but pretty innocent in the grand scheme of the human condition.


Well, apart from waving knives around, making whoosing noises. Everyone knows a light-saber is the whooshy weapon of choice. Idiot.

Anyway, his article was all about how knife crime is bad and what could we do to fix it, coming up with a novel idea to shame knife carriers properly, by reducing their street cred, not bolstering it with an ASBO. Go read his post and then see what happened next.

Enter the Daily Blither:

A tory councillor caused outrage by claiming knives are "cool" and posting footage of fights on his internet blog.

Teacher Philip Thomas, 27, boasted he has "a huge meat cleaver and two massive machetes" he bought "as much because I found them cool as their practical use".

He threatened to use them on burglars and said: "In foolish moments..I wave them around and make swishing noises". He posted links to graphic films on YouTube of a "road rage" incident and "a boxer" beating up two men.
I wonder why they did that then? Bunch of cunts.

I suggested he shank them, but he's probably too polite.

Footnote: I see that despite owning two machetes and a meat cleaver, Philip is too modest to suggest that he has a huge chopper. Come on, Phil, Trixy needs saving!

3 comments:

Mac the Knife said...

Just linked to you via my load of old crap. Hope that's OK with you.

Anonymous said...

Trixy needs serving? I need a cold shower.

So things didn't completely work out with Mr Eugenides then...pity, I'm sure he'd make a much better match than Milliband.

Obnoxio The Clown said...

@Mac: Nothing wrong with my teeth.

Much.