- Gove to pay back £7,000 for furniture; Alan Duncan will pay back £5,000 for gardening; Maude and Lansley won't claim for homes in London; among others.
- The Tories will set up a panel to scrutinise all expense claims.
- All shad cab expense claims will be published online as and when they're made.
- Tory MPs will be banned from flipping.
- Tory MPs will be banned from claims for furniture, overnight stays and food.
Wow, that's really compelling, isn't it?
£12,000 back to the taxpayer out of millions swiped; some people won't claim for London homes in future (but won't pay back what they've already had); no backbenchers will have to publish their claims; no paying back the money made from flipping; no repayment of dodgy furniture, stay or food claims. No punishment, just a token "we'll pay back a few quid and won't do it again."
Fucking hell. And compared to the Gorgon, Dave IS actually being firm and decisive.
The motherfucker of all parliaments, indeed!